Functus Nusquam Impedro Cunctus

Friday, December 30, 2005

2005- i bid thee adieu

as the year draws to a close, and also becuz i have neglected my blog for 1 week w/o just cause, i have decided to list down a list of memorable ( mostly pleasurable) events that have occured in my life this year

1) Ops Flying Eagle: the tsunami rescue op...i was in the thick of it frm end dec'04 to feb '05...still vividly remember how pathetically drained and tired i was as i went for the new years eve watchnite service at brmc, having ended my work at 9pm, rushing for service which lasted till 2am, then rushing home to catch a few hrs of sleep before reporting for another shift at 7am....our unit was on 24 hr full ops manning.....damn that was a memorable experience

2) Ex High Noon : my 1st and last overseas exercise with the saf as an nsf haha! lasted frm 15th to 27th april.....taiwan....full of bittersweet memories...frm the ninja van, to f***ed up collegues and bosses, to a surprisingly good r&r, and rather interesting nites out....heh...truly the culminating experience of my nsf daes.

3) my 21st bdae party...to signify the true transition from a boy to a man.....it was extremely hectic, as i had returned from taiwan only 2 daes before..... as a side note...this was the year that saw the most invitations to b-dae parties in my life haha...everyone wants to celebrate this significant milestone in our lives....we're old now pple....old!! crap.

4) 17th june 2005. ORD LOH. enuf said....2 yrs 4 mths of highs and lows...and many many memories. thank God for keeping me safe and relatively sound throughout....and teaching me many life lessons, showing me the different kinds of people that exist in this world...and learning more about how i should handle such people

5) my short relief teaching stint at barker....abt 2 wks....for which i received abt $500 all told....not much, but an interesting experience to teach, rather than be taught....it was fun! and i'll probably do it again hehe

6) helping out the logistics team for a church camp in june....i shall never ever again underestimate or underappreciate logistics pple...they are really the ones behind the scene making sure that events happen the way they are planned to. the camp gave me a much needed boost to my faith in general, and helped me bond alot better with my cell members

7) matriculation: my orientation and initiation into the new world that is the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. getting to know new pple, new faces, realizing that truly i am a civilian and a student instead of a miserable underling blindly following orders... the feeling of actually using my brain and my abilities to help myself, not some career minded superior advance his pay scale...heralded indeed a new and welcome change to my life.

8) trip to KL.....my 1st time mountain climbing...and i must admit...i suck at it....fitness lvls totally gone...leg ached like nobody's business (but at least i can now tell exactly what muscles are aching hahahaha) and rather good shopping in KL.


well tts abt it...a summary of the high and not so high points in my life....a year of changes definitely. school starts in a weeks time, and i foresee my future blog entries getting more and more work related. no new years resolutions for me, 'cos i never keep them anyway.

stay safe, stay happy and happy new year to all

joshua

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home